Skip to main content

Wisdom Nuggets for Mother Africa


The late Dr Myles Munroe was a man of wisdom, he was once quoted as saying:

I was born poor, sleeping on the floor with cockroaches and rats. Today, I own my own jet. Everything I have is paid for. I am debt free; I open new businesses every year and mentor many people,”

*ON UNEMPLOYMENT*
Myles Munroe strongly discouraged the reliance on Government for jobs, describing it as ‘lazy thinking.’“There is no such thing as unemployment in the world. What you call unemployment is what I call lazy thinking,” he says.“The work of government is not to create jobs, but to create an environment for people to develop their own work,” he asserts.

*ON GIFTS/TALENTS* :
Munroe discourages employed professionals against relying solely on their jobs for income, urging them to instead create wealth using their unique talents. He also challenges aspiring entrepreneurs to develop and refine their expertise in a talent, idea, service or body of
knowledge.When you refine your gift in an area, you become valuable; people seek you out and pay you,

*ON ENTREPRENEURSHIP* :
Munroe said setting principles is the first step towards achieving success for any budding entrepreneur. “I will never be poor again because I have learnt the principles of business,” he asserts.“I can say without a doubt that what I have accomplished is based on principles passed on to me by my parents. You should never build your life on facts or techniques because these often become obsolete,” he cautions.“For you to survive today, you must accept the reality of partnerships. If someone emerges as my competition today, I am not supposed to kill them, but marry them,” he states.“Do not curse a crisis; use it. Every business is a solution to a crisis. Develop the capacity to solve a problem and you will become a successful entrepreneur.”

*HIS 10 WORDS OF WISDOM TO AFRICA* :

1. Understand crisis and use it to solve a problem. Every business is a response to a problem.
2. Initiate something; do not wait for things to be done for you or to be done by someone.
3. Identify and refine your talent, skill, idea, service or knowledge to create  .
4. Whatever makes you angry, you must solve it.
5. Poverty is not the lack of money, but the lack of ideas.
6. God does not give cash, but ideas on how to create wealth.
7. Be in control of your mind, thoughts, perception and mentality to respond to change.
8. Be keen and take advantage of changes brought about by technology and globalisation.
9. Leave your legacy, but in the people you train, not in products or build.


Kwame Sarpong
Freelance Writer
kwamesarpong25@gmail.comisdom Nuggets for Mother Africa*

The late Dr Myles Munroe was a man of wisdom, he was once quoted as saying:

I was born poor, sleeping on the floor with cockroaches and rats. Today, I own my own jet. Everything I have is paid for. I am debt free; I open new businesses every year and mentor many people,”

*ON UNEMPLOYMENT*
Myles Munroe strongly discouraged the reliance on Government for jobs, describing it as ‘lazy thinking.’“There is no such thing as unemployment in the world. What you call unemployment is what I call lazy thinking,” he says.“The work of government is not to create jobs, but to create an environment for people to develop their own work,” he asserts.

*ON GIFTS/TALENTS* :
Munroe discourages employed professionals against relying solely on their jobs for income, urging them to instead create wealth using their unique talents. He also challenges aspiring entrepreneurs to develop and refine their expertise in a talent, idea, service or body of
knowledge.When you refine your gift in an area, you become valuable; people seek you out and pay you,

*ON ENTREPRENEURSHIP* :
Munroe said setting principles is the first step towards achieving success for any budding entrepreneur. “I will never be poor again because I have learnt the principles of business,” he asserts.“I can say without a doubt that what I have accomplished is based on principles passed on to me by my parents. You should never build your life on facts or techniques because these often become obsolete,” he cautions.“For you to survive today, you must accept the reality of partnerships. If someone emerges as my competition today, I am not supposed to kill them, but marry them,” he states.“Do not curse a crisis; use it. Every business is a solution to a crisis. Develop the capacity to solve a problem and you will become a successful entrepreneur.”

*HIS 10 WORDS OF WISDOM TO AFRICA* :

1. Understand crisis and use it to solve a problem. Every business is a response to a problem.
2. Initiate something; do not wait for things to be done for you or to be done by someone.
3. Identify and refine your talent, skill, idea, service or knowledge to create  .
4. Whatever makes you angry, you must solve it.
5. Poverty is not the lack of money, but the lack of ideas.
6. God does not give cash, but ideas on how to create wealth.
7. Be in control of your mind, thoughts, perception and mentality to respond to change.
8. Be keen and take advantage of changes brought about by technology and globalisation.
9. Leave your legacy, but in the people you train, not in products or build.


Kwame Sarpong
Freelance Writer
kwamesarpong25@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Attitude Of Gratitude

To have an attitude of gratitude is the greatest virtue anyone  can have. Because it shows that you are content with the little you have and a happy expectation of all you are yet to have and enjoy in life. If you really want your life to change, then you need to add the habit of  gratitude. I realised that our generation of today take the power of being grateful for granted. Because we are a generation that is burnt on having more and more everyday, we quickly lose sight of the important things we already have that is keeping our life afloat at this moment. It's almost as if each one of us is in competition with one another when it's not supposed to be so. I was born with a disability from birth, an advanced form of poliomyelitis. I had twisted hands and legs as a child so I was only able to crawl on the floor. That was my only way to move. I hated that and myself so much because I wanted to walk just like everybody else. I was consumed so much by hate and ingratitude ...

A Letter To My Daughters On Women's Day

My dear daughters, this is a big occasion for you and every woman on earth. Because the whole world has chosen to celebrate you on this day. But as you are growing, do well to remember these commandments; This life owes you nothing as a woman Neither does this world You are smart and capable on your own Earn everything you want and wish for in this life Do not take crap from anyone, whether a man or a woman Do not cry Infront of anyone who does not like you, my dear daughters, for they will laugh at you and despise you Never expect things to be easy or smooth for you just because you are a woman, everyone in this world; weak or strong have to make things happen for them before they can succeed. Remember that to make it in life, it will take much time and patience. So wear patience like an armour when things don't go well for you as you planned Be gentle,  be sweet but always remember to speak bodly, stand strong and be ready to pull up your skirts to wade through difficu...

Be a Generational Thinker

One of the greatest books I have ever read is Long Walk To Freedom by Nelson Mandela. In his book he talks about the importance of leadership through sacrifice and having a sense of responsibility to develop others as much as yourself. He is seen as an icon, a leader and a symbol of peace and inspiration, not just to his dear nation of South Africa but to the whole world. But let's ask ourselves here, what really made  Nelson Mandela such a celebrated person around the world???  Sacrifice !!!! His selfless sacrifice and desire to see white and black south Africans live in harmony together in the era of Apartheid took him to prison for 27 years. Even after his release from prison in 1990, he worked together with his haters and political opponents in the spirit of unity so that a nation which was once  divided and segregated white, black people, rich and poor people, educated and uneducated can live together as one people for the sake of his generation and generations y...