Skip to main content

Final Evaluation

The philosopher, Socrates said; "An unexamined life is not worth living" I have thought deep and hard about this stage and came up with a few observations, in the form of questions.

Here it goes...

Do you have someone who is evaluating (checking your life and the things you do) that you are going the right direction or on the right path?

I may not whether your answer to my question may be a yes or a no. But the most important thing to ask yourself is do you have people like that in your life.

But do you feel too big to be under someone's instructions or supervision??

Greatness and aiming for success comes with much learning patience and your willingness to learn and adapt to new things and new changes.

How do you intend to succeed in life if you hate correction and instructions?

As at this time of writing this article, a good friend and one of my mentors in the online, English teaching profession, Kenny, a professional American English teacher based in Colombia just sent me a tall lists of certified assignments for professional and content lessons for  English teachers to study, and write my course outline for 2021 for my students even though we haven't even ended 2020 yet.
Tough job to do you will think, right?? But I know he is doing that for my own good because he wants to give my best as a teacher to my students always. So I humble myself for him to go hard on me and evaluate me thoroughly without any favours.

Pedro Moquiba, my business partner and friend is towing the same evaluation line on me as Kenny is. Charles Nunes, Henrietta Adjettey, Olufisayo Olajide (my coursemate from College)  Fred Walker, my childhood friend and brother all asking me plenty questions about how far I have gone with my daily writings, telling me what I should improve and develop here, the ones I should cancel out or delete from the articles.

Haha,  sometimes I feel like zipping their mouths with duck tapes and glue so they will stop talking talking and leave me alone. After all it's not their life or their life choices but mine.
And my alone. Why these corrections and guidance?
The response is simple because they all want the best for me in every area of my life.
They are not doing this out of malice or with any bad intentions. But with a great pleasure to help me the best I can be.
And because they have done and gone where I am heading now in my life, they guide me everyday with their rich experience and knowledge.
What about you my dear brother, my dear sister?? Or do you feel you know everything already in this life so nobody can tell you anything. Maybe you feel you are sitting on top of the world so you don't need correction, advice or caution from anyone. That dark moment will come one day where you will remember reading this article some years ago, if you never evaluated or took stop of your life with the hard truth, it may be too late for you to turn things around in the dark moment. The time to be humble and open minded to learn from life is now and not later.
I have even a list of others who evaluate my speeches and audio recordings I attach to these articles everyday.
There's so much I want to say but I will conclude here.

But I will say this; choose your friends wisely, choose your wife or husband wisely, choose and examine well the choices you make in your life today and in the future with maturity and understanding.

Remember, God even resist the proud and exhalts the humble.

A word to today's generation

Kwame Sarpong
Freelance Writer
kwamesarpong25@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The  Inconvenient  Truth

We hate the truth so much today. We hate hearing about it and hate  it even more when it is coming from other people who we feel are not close to us. We are quick to swallow and lend our ears  to any lie that flatters us but find it hard, almost impossible to live with the truth because it may appear bitter to us. Meanwhile, it would have been much better for us and our lives to live knowing the truth and painfully taking the long path to do the right thing than to take a shortcut or a detour of many deadly pleasures just to do wrong. No matter how hard or  harsh, it may sound for you to hear the truth or receive it, if it is going to put your life in the right direction, please listen and listen good. Stay away from people who will hail you at every turn, people who find everything and anything you do to be nothing but good. Because none is perfect, we all have our good and bad sides. It is impossible for you to always have a good side all the time even if you fake it. Embrace an

Your Competition

Just remember, your competition isn't other people Your competition is; Your procrastination to getting important things done Your ego, that makes you think you are above everyone else Your unhealthy eating habits and health choices The knowledge you neglect because you think you know it all or because you think others don't have an opinion on a matter because they are not intelligent The negative mindset and behaviour you're nurturing because because you think you are not worth something Your lack of Creativity. Failing to explore new ideas or try new things because you think you will fail or not succeed again. You're not in competition with anyone but yourself. Kwame Sarpong |  Freelance Writer:  Nyansa365  e: nyansa365@gmail.com | w: nyansa365.blogspot.com  m: +233205832364 | p: +233205832364 f: Otumfour Kwame Sarpong t: @kwamesarpong25 inst: iamotumfour L: Kwame Sarpong

What Consumes Your Mind Controls You

We live in a competitive Information world today. Competitive Information because every bit of information, whether bad or good,  from a single one to about a billion of them is fighting to get our undivided attention. There are only two places these Information we see (on TV) read ( in Newspapers) and listen ( to on Radio) are hoping to get to; and that's our minds and our hearts. From movie producers and directors in Hollywood, Music and Record producers to advertisers and marketers promoting famous products and brands. They capture our attention by predicting (guessing) our moods and thoughts before they finally put up words, images and video content that can convince us immediately to buy their products. They simply capture our minds by making us answer simple random and general questions about human behaviour and from our Yes and No answers, they are able to study our ways of thinking and then go on to craft or design messages that will convince us to buy that iPhone 11 Pro