Skip to main content

The Feminine Trials


Fatima Gaye Dakar, Senegal

He expects me to cook, clean and bear babies for him as though I am contracted to.
I have an MBA in Finance from University of Manchester, yet I have been stuck at home since our marriage.
He gags me with strict tradition and is so out of touch with this world. I love him but I want to be free.
Can someone feel my pain as a woman??


Ama Paintsil,  Accra Ghana
I was warned,  I repeat I was warned oo but I didn't listen. This love thing and what it has done to me, only God knows. I was head over heels in love with him. I saw the red flags early but didn't halt my brakes on him. Tell me, will you, if you have this tall glass of chocolate as your boyfriend ??So keep your judging mouths to yourself. But here is the thing, he left me for an "educated lady" according to him, someone who fits his now deserving status.
He's left me with two boys to take care of alone all by myself. Must I kill myself because I can't speak good English as a woman?? Please help me.


Elizabeth Matteson, Virginia, USA

Power and freedom to all women was my slogan. Women have to be treated right as humans, respected and appreciated.
This is my universal fight for all women. I am an associate professor at a Virginia University.  Last year, some man approached me, talking about he is interested in me and all that trash talk. Hold on, before you judge me, he talked trash about willing to take care of me. Asked him what he does for a living, an apprentice at an automobile company. He said.
I mistook him for a proud and an arrogant person though.
5 years on, on my 40th birthday, I bought myself a house. But I realized I had no one to share my dreams with. I have everything yet I feel awful. Did I do something wrong to deserve loneliness??

Tempest Blake,  Louton Town, United Kingdom

I love the thrill of good sex. Good heavens, I really do. My ex boyfriend could round me up like a roller coaster ride and I could still ask for more and this boy will be so up to the task.
I married my husband of 5 years, our first year of marriage was great, fun, exciting and everything. After his promotion last year, dude has been working his socks off. But I get so mad at him for not meeting my sexual needs like he used to. I call my ex boyfriend for Service duties often even though we are both married. I enjoy my life but feel guilty at the same time too.
Am I wrong to have some fun if the party man is out the house most days?
Help a sister please.

Luisa Oliveira, Sao Paulo, Brazil

My father left my mother in a poor state after all that this woman did for him. She singlehandedly struggled to raise us two girls. From this experience, I had vowed to glue any man to me if we become intimate.
Antonio, one guy I met in a local bar near my neighborhood, we started something together you know, dating, living as a couple and all that. Lately I suspected him coming home late from work, receiving  his phone calls outside and cancelling our dinner plans especially on Friday nights.
I can nag and nag all night to him without him saying a word. My fear of losing a man like my mother did is starting to kick in.
Am I right to feel this way?

Sarina Najeet, Hyderabad, India

We Indian women are very loyal, sometimes too loyal to a fault. I have served, worshipped and adored my husband for years.
10 years ago, he had an offer to work for Chrysler in Detroit USA. He still treats me like a queen 10 years on, but a few months ago, he came home bringing along a baby. Where from this babe ..? I asked. I had an affair with a coworker. That man lied, it wasn't just an affair, it was a fully functional relationship behind my back.
I feel like cutting his sausage off.
I feel betrayed. How did I bring myself to love and stay loyal to this man all my life?

I don't know what to do anymore. Help me please.

Any advice for these women??


Kwame Sarpong

Freelance Writer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The  Inconvenient  Truth

We hate the truth so much today. We hate hearing about it and hate  it even more when it is coming from other people who we feel are not close to us. We are quick to swallow and lend our ears  to any lie that flatters us but find it hard, almost impossible to live with the truth because it may appear bitter to us. Meanwhile, it would have been much better for us and our lives to live knowing the truth and painfully taking the long path to do the right thing than to take a shortcut or a detour of many deadly pleasures just to do wrong. No matter how hard or  harsh, it may sound for you to hear the truth or receive it, if it is going to put your life in the right direction, please listen and listen good. Stay away from people who will hail you at every turn, people who find everything and anything you do to be nothing but good. Because none is perfect, we all have our good and bad sides. It is impossible for you to always have a good side all the time even if you fake it. Embrace an

The Last Salvation

April 14, 1912 The RMS Titanic, the biggest man made ship in the world had just sank. Loud screams heard across-board. Some people were not able to find their loved ones, some found them dead next to other dead bodies.    Those who died instantly after the ship sank,  died either from heavy metals and heavy ship debris falling on them or froze in the sea to death because they did not have  on enough life jackets to protect them against the icy sea water.    Pastor John Harper, a Scottish Baptist Preacher was also caught amongst the rest in the icy water. He had been playing christian hymns on his accordion to the delight of the gathered guests when the Titanic suddenly sank. Usually, at the end of every performance, he would ask if any of the guests would love to give his life to Christ, and when they came forward, he would lead them in a prayer to salvation.          On this icy moment, he checked his fur coat to see if he had any Gospel of Jesus leaflets left  on him to share wi

What Consumes Your Mind Controls You

We live in a competitive Information world today. Competitive Information because every bit of information, whether bad or good,  from a single one to about a billion of them is fighting to get our undivided attention. There are only two places these Information we see (on TV) read ( in Newspapers) and listen ( to on Radio) are hoping to get to; and that's our minds and our hearts. From movie producers and directors in Hollywood, Music and Record producers to advertisers and marketers promoting famous products and brands. They capture our attention by predicting (guessing) our moods and thoughts before they finally put up words, images and video content that can convince us immediately to buy their products. They simply capture our minds by making us answer simple random and general questions about human behaviour and from our Yes and No answers, they are able to study our ways of thinking and then go on to craft or design messages that will convince us to buy that iPhone 11 Pro