Skip to main content

Defend Her Honour

*

A man was arranged before a court to be prosecuted and charged with an over speeding ofense.
The judge was shocked and amazed to see a frail elderly man walking slowly towards him holding unto a stick.

He got into the witness box and greeted the judge respectfully. Good morning Judge, how are we doing today? Pretty well sir. The judge then went further to ask, what is the offence that summons you to my courtroom today sir?
Your honour, I have been charged with over speeding and missing the red light.
Oh I see... so do you plead guilty or not guilty to this offence?
I am guilty your honour.  And why is that sir? The judge asked. Well, your honour, my wife had a sudden stroke while she was trying to get my body into a comfortable position last night as we were about to sleep.

I got in total shock and I didn't know what to do at that moment. So I rushed to my old garage and took out the keys of my 1967 Chevy and drove her to the hospital. It was at one of those traffic stops that's when I got chased by the police at top speed but I thought of getting my wife to the hospital into safe  care first  before I stop for the police. So I did just that your honour.

How old are you sir? 90, your honour. What?? 90 years old and yet you took such great risk to drive so fast without thinking of the consequences that may fall on you.

Why sir? I can't charge  you on anything else beyond a fine. But I just want to hear your story. Tell me why.

Because she is worth it your honour. She had been the shinning light behind my total disgrace as a man and covered all my failures before our children.
I was an absentee father for my family, a drunkard and an abusive husband anytime I got home from my wanderings and my infidelities. But through it all, my wife kept the family together and taught  my children to respect me as a father even when I didn't deserve one  as a man.

So, you see your honour, it was my turn to defend her honour as the virtuous woman she has been for the past 60 years of our marriage. I'm ready to pay any fine you ask of me so long as you will give me the chance after that  to go and stay by her side.

Tears started flowing on people's faces in the courtroom as the man's story had touched everybody.

Often times as men, we overlook the relevance and the important roles women play in our lives. I agree,  some, may be a pain in the neck to live with.
But what about those women who dedicate their lives to making you a better husband, father, a better boyfriend and a respectable man among the rest of other men who may not see your true worth?

If she has seen you through your worst moments as a man, and still stays submissive and respectful to you as a woman,  stay true to her and adore her as much as you can.

If it seems as something unbearable and unthinkable for you to do as a man, just remember this real quick, the people who love us truly and deeply always appear as fools or needy or clingy before our eyes. But those acts are their vulnerability and pureness shown right before us.

Do not take that woman for granted especially if she goes through the pits of hell everyday just to make your ever swelling ego personality happy.

If you are blessed to have a woman like that in your life as a man,  defend her honour always at all cost.


*Kwame Sarpong*

*Freelance Writer*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The  Inconvenient  Truth

We hate the truth so much today. We hate hearing about it and hate  it even more when it is coming from other people who we feel are not close to us. We are quick to swallow and lend our ears  to any lie that flatters us but find it hard, almost impossible to live with the truth because it may appear bitter to us. Meanwhile, it would have been much better for us and our lives to live knowing the truth and painfully taking the long path to do the right thing than to take a shortcut or a detour of many deadly pleasures just to do wrong. No matter how hard or  harsh, it may sound for you to hear the truth or receive it, if it is going to put your life in the right direction, please listen and listen good. Stay away from people who will hail you at every turn, people who find everything and anything you do to be nothing but good. Because none is perfect, we all have our good and bad sides. It is impossible for you to always have a good side all the time even if you fake it. Embrace an

Your Competition

Just remember, your competition isn't other people Your competition is; Your procrastination to getting important things done Your ego, that makes you think you are above everyone else Your unhealthy eating habits and health choices The knowledge you neglect because you think you know it all or because you think others don't have an opinion on a matter because they are not intelligent The negative mindset and behaviour you're nurturing because because you think you are not worth something Your lack of Creativity. Failing to explore new ideas or try new things because you think you will fail or not succeed again. You're not in competition with anyone but yourself. Kwame Sarpong |  Freelance Writer:  Nyansa365  e: nyansa365@gmail.com | w: nyansa365.blogspot.com  m: +233205832364 | p: +233205832364 f: Otumfour Kwame Sarpong t: @kwamesarpong25 inst: iamotumfour L: Kwame Sarpong

What Consumes Your Mind Controls You

We live in a competitive Information world today. Competitive Information because every bit of information, whether bad or good,  from a single one to about a billion of them is fighting to get our undivided attention. There are only two places these Information we see (on TV) read ( in Newspapers) and listen ( to on Radio) are hoping to get to; and that's our minds and our hearts. From movie producers and directors in Hollywood, Music and Record producers to advertisers and marketers promoting famous products and brands. They capture our attention by predicting (guessing) our moods and thoughts before they finally put up words, images and video content that can convince us immediately to buy their products. They simply capture our minds by making us answer simple random and general questions about human behaviour and from our Yes and No answers, they are able to study our ways of thinking and then go on to craft or design messages that will convince us to buy that iPhone 11 Pro